Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Alex Soto <as...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/01 12:52:33 UTC

Maven to Gradle

Hi mates, I would like to implement some day something
like tomee-maven-plugin/ but for Gradle. I think that one previous step
before implementing Gradle plugin would be extracting some none Maven logic
from Maven plugin to some kind of common, so the same logic can be reused
in both plugins and maintain the same behaviour in both.

So the question is, where do you think is the best place to put this
reusable code?

Alex.

Re: Maven to Gradle

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

was about to do it this week but while gradle flatten the classpath too
much this will make the buildscript broken for 90% of the apps. So:

- the place to put this code: {tomee-git}/maven/tomee-common and
 {tomee-git}/maven/tomee-embedded-common - main abstraction needed is about
dependency resolution mainly
- moment to do it: later IMO ;) - soon as far as I understood but not yet
since gradle plugin system is still very experimental and you easily breaks
your buildscript ATM. Several issues are opened (for hibernate, jetty
etc...) about it

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>