Posted to users@maven.apache.org by rturnbull <ry...@utilitran.com> on 2006/02/22 17:15:44 UTC

Declaration of an array in project.properties file

Hello to all,
    I'm trying to make a variable in the project.properties file that an
array. This array will then be looped through with a forEach from the
jelly:core library.  Is it possible to declare or even use arrays in the
project.properties file??  Please let me know as I have the code
written, all I need is this array and everyone at work here will be very
happy.

Thanks

--
Ryan Turnbull

Re: Declaration of an array in project.properties file

Posted by rturnbull <ry...@utilitran.com>.
Thanks Doug!

    So from my code snippet would this be correct??

project.properties file....
testing.array.list=1,2,3,4,5

maven.xml

<goal name="testingscript">
                <jutil:tokenize var="${testing.array.list}" delim=","/>
                <jcore:forEach var="currentDeployHost"
items="${testing.array.list}">
                        <jcore:set var="deploy.host"
value="${currentDeployHost}" />
                        <echo>${deploy.host}</echo>
                </jcore:forEach>
        </goal>

Thanks

Posted by Doug Douglass <dd...@denverdata.com>.
GREAT!!!

FYI: I see in the doco for forEach that the items attribute accepts a
comma-separated String. I've never tried it, but it could save you a
line of jelly.

Cheers,
Doug

Posted by rturnbull <ry...@utilitran.com>.