Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steven Crosley <st...@mac.com> on 2007/11/26 19:07:29 UTC

servlet-api.jar jsp path is empty

Hi,

I was getting this error from my app:

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/tagext/
TagSupport

So I looked in the servlet-api.jar file that was included with my
Tomcat 6 download and noticed that the javax/servlet/jsp/ folder is
empty.  I'm guessing this was by design, but can someone tell me what
jar would contain the tagext classes?  Are custom JSTL tags deprecated
since Java 5?

Thanks,
Steven

RE: servlet-api.jar jsp path is empty

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Steven Crosley [mailto:stevencrosley@mac.com]
> Subject: Re: servlet-api.jar jsp path is empty
>
> Doesn't look like I have the jsp-api.jar anywhere else.  Could there
> be another reason why it can't find the class?

Make sure CLASSPATH isn't set.

You can turn on -verbose:class, but that will produce a ton of output to
search through.

Might try searching all your jars for the class of interest, just in
case it's been slipped into some other jar.  There are several free
tools available to do such searches; Google for "java class search jar"
(without the quotes), for example.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: servlet-api.jar jsp path is empty