Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/04 08:21:51 UTC

Who wants to be the release manager for NetBeans 11.0?

Hello,

We never had a proper announcement about the next release manager for
NetBeans 11.

I know that Laszlo mentioned wanting another go at it in his `Feedback:
Release Management of Apache NetBeans (incubating) 10.0` thread.

I also want to do NetBeans 11.

I seem to remember that Junichi Yamamoto(?) also wanted to be the release
manager for NetBeans 9? Perhaps he wants to try it for NetBeans 11?

Anybody else wants to give it a try?

--emi

Re: Who wants to be the release manager for NetBeans 11.0?

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 4 Feb 2019, 20:12 Laszlo Kishalmi <laszlo.kishalmi@gmail.com wrote:

> I just would like to be a RM once more, to do it better and with more
> confidence, than the first time, while I was learning this thing.

I did suggest after 9.0 that we have one or two people shadow the main RM.
Partly to learn the processes, partly also to cover if the RM gets tied up
with work, life, etc. Given my own workload over the next month, I'm not
going to volunteer to be RM this time. But I would like to get my head
around it, so would happily shadow the process. Ideally with someone else,
and ideally with Laszlo or Emi as RM.

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: Who wants to be the release manager for NetBeans 11.0?

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply ..

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 at 07:22, Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I really think Neil can do it by himself. And he has 2 other previous RMs
> to ask questions.

No, I can't, for the reason I first said - I've got a big deadline for
a client coming up related to a library I maintain.  So for the next
few weeks I'll have almost no time for NB.

The idea behind shadowing was to expand the pool of people who know
the process / can step in if required.

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 at 14:44, Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I put my RM hat on, I'd need a shadow as I'm still planning to travel
> to Europe in March. If Neil wishes he can take the RM hat from me and I
> can be his shadow, whatever.

At the moment, no, but assuming all goes to plan I should have more
free time about the time you need some cover, so hopefully between us
we can manage this! :-)

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: Who wants to be the release manager for NetBeans 11.0?

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Dear all,

The Branch is going to be created later today/early tomorrow (in GMT).

We are almost one week behind the schedule. I've spent some time during
the weekend to check the issues and PRs we are having right now.

I would like to ask for a round (0) to review an merge whatever
outstanding PRs we can before the branch. I know it is a tedious task
but really needs to be done.

I did what I could, but I've ended up merging my own trivial PR-s
without having a review lately to keep this ball rolling.

AW: Who wants to be the release manager for NetBeans 11.0?

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.
Maybe with NetBeans 12 then.

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.
Dave-Signal sounds awesome 😃.

--

uxactly GmbH
system design thinking

Kurfürstendamm 28
10719 Berlin

Tel: 0174 933 85 36
Mail: david@uxact.ly

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Hi Chris and David,

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.

Re: Re: Who wants to be the release manager for NetBeans 11.0?

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.