Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Lei Chen <Le...@sfcommerce.com> on 2001/03/27 22:25:28 UTC

Output DOM to a String in a more readable format

Hi,

I was running the DOMGenerate example which generates a DOM and output it to
a String using Serializer. Is it possible to make the String more humanly
readable i.e. (newline separated and properly indented) ? Since this will be
very useful for debugging.

-Lei

Re: Output DOM to a String in a more readable format

Posted by Se...@cern.ch.
Take care that there was a kind of bug in the serializer. There was no
indentation nor cariage return around comments. Thus, if your file has
many comments, it could even be serialized on a single line.
This problem has been fixed recently (last week I think) and you have to
download the latest sources from CVS to benefit from this fix.

Sebastien