Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Alaa Murad <al...@doit.com.sa> on 2020/02/20 01:15:32 UTC

Ofbiz as back end for POS

I'm a long follower of ofbiz , but I have some questions before I do use
it in a big project, we have our own custom POS / App and we are looking
to have ERP integrated with it.

 1. I do see the Accounting section, but I can't see the basic and must
    have reports like Balance sheet, P/L statement, cash flow statement
    ! am I looking at the wrong place ? !
 2. We are planning to use ofbiz for few different companies, they all
    100% independent, can we have one ofbiz instance for all of them ?how ?
 3. How easy to sync/push products, invoices , payments , etc. from our
    POS --> ofbiz (i.e. can we insert invoice via APIs)
 4. How far behind ofbiz is from odoo (mainly accounting / sales)?
 5. I do see Arabic support implemented to some degree, but is it full
    support, for example currency format, RTL (both web and PDF)
 6. Finally, how stable/active is ofbiz ? I see 30-40 emails per month
    only in the mailing list, this make me very worry !

Thanks

Re: Ofbiz as back end for POS

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
The limitation of one OFBiz implentation handling multiple tenants depends
on:

   - memory available for OFBiz on the machine hosting the implementation
   - settings regarding the pool-size of the used (underlying) RDBMS

If you want to host  a solution for dozens, 100s or 1000s of
clients/customers you need to High Availabilit/FailOver aspects. Clustering
on various levels comes to mind.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Pierre Smits
*Proud* *contributor* (but unfortunately without privileges)* of* Apache
OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org/>, since 2008

Re: Ofbiz as back end for POS

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: Ofbiz as back end for POS

Posted by Alaa Murad <al...@doit.com.sa>.
Thanks a lot for all replies, one important feature that we need is to
be able to run unlimited companies  (with Chinese Walls between them) ,
do we really need to have a new DB for each company ? how that will even

Re: Ofbiz as back end for POS

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi,

Re: Ofbiz as back end for POS

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
Hi Alaa Murad,

First of all, welcome to the community.

Please see inline for some of the answers (I cannot answer regarding Odoo).
Hopefully some other community members can provide you with
additional answers

Met vriendelijke groet,

Pierre Smits
*Proud* *contributor* (but unfortunately without privileges)* of* Apache
OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org/>, since 2008

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 2:15 AM Alaa Murad <al...@doit.com.sa> wrote:

> I'm a long follower of ofbiz , but I have some questions before I do use
> it in a big project, we have our own custom POS / App and we are looking
> to have ERP integrated with it.
>
>  1. I do see the Accounting section, but I can't see the basic and must
>     have reports like Balance sheet, P/L statement, cash flow statement
>     ! am I looking at the wrong place ? !

Yes. These functions are available in the accounting component, but are a
bit difficult to find The way to find them are:

   1. in the main menu of the accounting component go to 'Organisation GL
   Setup. In demo you'll see:
   https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/accounting/control/ListCompanies
   2. click the 'Accounting' button. In demo you'll see:
   https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/accounting/control/PartyAccountsSummary
   3. click the reports buttons. In demo you'll see
   https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/accounting/control/TrialBalance?organizationPartyId=Company

Then you'll see the various statements to generate