Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Brian Beaudet <br...@interact911.com> on 2006/06/22 15:35:05 UTC

Best Practice: VS.NET 2005 and Source Code Control

Can someone provide me with a best practice list of file extensions and
directories not to include in Subversion for shared projects?  In other
words Joe and Steve are both working on an ASP.NET 2.0 web project and
Joe
commits his files first.  Steve updates so he can start working on
them.  However, he has to change references (to localhost:#### for
instance)
and other things to get it to compile.

In 1.1, I left out bin/, obj/, .suo, .usr, etc.  What about the Web
References directory when referencing a web service?  Should that be
excluded
too?  And the Properties directory?  Bin (instead of the old bin), etc?

Thanks,

beaudetious

Re: Best Practice: VS.NET 2005 and Source Code Control

Posted by Tom Opgenorth <to...@opgenorth.net>.
On 6/22/06, Brian Beaudet <br...@interact911.com> wrote:
> In 1.1, I left out bin/, obj/, .suo, .usr, etc.  What about the Web
> References directory when referencing a web service?  Should that be
> excluded  too?  And the Properties directory?  Bin (instead of the old bin), etc?
Generally, I've kept it the same as 1.1 without to many issues.  I
think you'll want to keep the Properties directory and the Web
References directory.  IIRC, there is code in there that gets
generated by the VS2005 IDE.

Not to sure about the "new" Bin directory:  I use the Web Applications
Project from http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wap/default.aspx
and don't pay much heed that directory.