Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com> on 1997/04/28 05:40:02 UTC

config/145

The following reply was made to PR config/145; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
To: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: config/145
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 21:35:47 -0600 (MDT)

 From: Eric Litman <el...@viaduct.com>
 To: marc@hyperreal.com
 Subject: Re: Changed information for PR config/145

 #
 # Synopsis: POST to directory mapped to CGI appears as GET
 #
 # State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
 # State-Changed-By: marc
 # State-Changed-When: Sun Feb 16 02:27:34 PST 1997
 # State-Changed-Why:
 # Can you please send me the exact configuration directives
 # and paths/URLs you are trying to access that show this
 # problem?

 Config directives:

 DirectoryIndex index.html index.cgi
 ScriptAlias /m/eclips/cgi /e

 somefile.html:

 	<form method=POST action="/">
 	...input variables...
 	</form>

 Details:
 In '/' resides index.cgi, a symlink to /m/eclips/cgi/uadmin, which
 functions as I would expect when accessed directly. However, when I POST
 to it as '/', the REQUEST_METHOD is in fact GET, no data is sent to
 stdin of the script, and QUERY_STRING is empty.

 Let me know if you need anything more.

 Thanks!

 </eal>

 --
 Eric A. Litman           Viaduct Technologies, Inc.            Bethesda, MD
 CEO                        http://www.viaduct.com            (301) 493-0220