Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Sudhir V <su...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/12 21:13:07 UTC

junit fork

As per build.xml under the root directory, the junit tests are run by forking a seperate JVM (via the fork property). I would get a "out of memory exception" since enough heap memory could not be set aside for JVM and playing around with java options like -Xms and -Xmx did not help. My RAM size was 1GB. Maximizing Virtual memory and -Xmx value did not help.

The only way I could run the woden junit tests was by not forking a seperate JVM (set fork property to "no").

Is there a specific reason for setting fork property to "yes" when the woden junit test could be run in the parent JVM itself

sudhir

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Re: junit fork

Posted by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>.
I checked in Dan's changes for woden-67. I don't recall the fork
parameter, but I assume it was part of those changes. I don't know why it
was set to 'yes'. I guess it's ok to change it back.

John Kaputin

Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com> wrote on 13/03/2008 07:30:11:

> Looks like John made this change in revision 585914. Comments from the
> commit are
>
> "WODEN-67 Changed Woden Ant and Maven builds to create 3 separate jar
> files (api, dom and om) instead of a single jar file."
>
> John - Can you shed some light on why you made the fork="yes" change
> before it gets reverted?
>
> Lawrence
>

> "Jeremy Hughes" <hu...@apache.org>
> Sent by: jpjhughes@gmail.com
> 03/12/2008 05:57 PM
> Please respond to
> woden-dev@ws.apache.org

> woden-dev@ws.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: junit fork
>

> Hmm, can't think of one. If no-one has objections I'll change to 'no'
>
> Cheers,
> Jeremy
>
> On 12/03/2008, Sudhir V <su...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > As per build.xml under the root directory, the junit tests are run by
> > forking a seperate JVM (via the fork property). I would get a "out of
> memory
> > exception" since enough heap memory could not be set aside for JVM and
> > playing around with java options like -Xms and -Xmx did not help. My
RAM
> > size was 1GB. Maximizing Virtual memory and -Xmx value did not help.
> >
> > The only way I could run the woden junit tests was by not forking a
> seperate
> > JVM (set fork property to "no").
> >
> > Is there a specific reason for setting fork property to "yes" when the

> woden
> > junit test could be run in the parent JVM itself
> >
> > sudhir

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Re: junit fork