Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Malte Kempff <ke...@medicalcolumbus.de> on 2002/10/15 14:26:19 UTC

may be off-topic

Hi *.*,

I have following problem and questtion:
I am using Soap and Java-Web Start. The client uses Soap-services to access
a database.
The client, a Java-application, therefore needs the url of the server, where
the Soap-services are established. Right now I am using a constant,
knowing that is not the smartest way, because I need to change it, when the
server is a different one, the production-server for instance.
Is there an oportunity to get the host url from wich the Java-application
was downloaded in the Java code of this downloaded application?
If there is a way and anybody knows it, getting the server url, from wich
the Web-Start application came from in the application code itself, could
you please tell me? If anybody knows a webstart mailing list, that might
help me, too.
Thanks a lot in advance
Malte

Medical Columbus AG