Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/18 16:04:28 UTC

[VOTE] Apache DS 2.0.0-M21 release

Hi,

now that the vote for a new Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M33 is out, it's also time for a new release of ApacheDS 2.0.0-M21.

Another bug fix release, nothing really important in it, but we need it for Studio.

The list of fixed bugs and improvments is the following :

Bugs :
------

 * [DIRSERVER-2108 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-2108>] - Update Apache Commons Collections to 3.2.2 due to vulnerability in 3.2.1
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-2108>
 * [DIRSERVER-2100 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-2100>] - Zip file does not unpack cleanly on case-insensitive OSes
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-2100>
 * [DIRSERVER-2085 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-2085>] - The PasswordPolicyConfiguration holds the password attribute as a String
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-2085>
 * [DIRSERVER-2082 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-2082>] - User is allowed to perform all operations even when password must be
reset <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-2082>
 * [DIRSERVER-2075 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-2075>] - apacheds.sh creates a file called '0' during stop action
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-2075>

Improvements :
--------------
 * [DIRSERVER-1901 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1901>] - subschemaSubentry attribute only available under root DSE
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1901>
 * [DIRSERVER-2080 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-2080>] - Add a way to politely stop apacheds from apacheds.sh
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-2080>
 * [DIRSERVER-2084 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-2084>] - Admin user should be exempt from the pwdHistory check
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-2084>

Tasks :
-------
 * [DIRSERVER-2096 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-2096>] - Fix violations of coding standards and enable checkstyle check
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-2096>

 Here are the associated links :

ApacheDS 2.0.0-M21
------------------
- SVN tag :

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/tags/2.0.0-M21/

- Nexus repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1046/

- Distribution packages:
http://people.apache.org/~elecharny

[ ] +1 : release ApacheDS 2.0.0-M21
[ ] ± 0 : I don't care
[ ] -1 : No, don't release ApacheDS 2.0.0-M21

--
Regards, Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny

Re: [VOTE] Apache DS 2.0.0-M21 release

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
built the tag with java7 on OS X, (didn't encounter any errors that Stefan
had during build)

[X] +1 : release ApacheDS 2.0.0-M21

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache DS 2.0.0-M21 release

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
[X] +1 : release ApacheDS 2.0.0-M21

Regards
Felix

RE: [VOTE] Apache DS 2.0.0-M21 release

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
I don't have the chance to check it in details, but would non-binding +1 per my understanding of the release and also considering both Java 7 and 8 are supported. Thanks!

Regards,
Kai

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
+1

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 19/12/15 13:46, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>> Le 19/12/15 10:47, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>>> I had hard time to build from the source zip, I'm on Linux with Oracle
>>> Java 7. It took me 5 "mvn clean install" to get it pass, once there was
>>> a timeout, twice I had a test failure, once the build stuck see partial
>>> thread dump below.
>> Have you tried with Java 8 ?
>>
> Yes, I built 3 times with Java 8 without any problem. RIP Java 7...

Java 7 is EOL since April 2015...

That's a problem, with the higher pace of Java versions. Java 8 is going
to be EOL in september 2017, even if Java 9 is still not out.

At some point, we probably have to follow the pace.

Re: [VOTE] Apache DS 2.0.0-M21 release

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 19/12/15 10:47, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> I had hard time to build from the source zip, I'm on Linux with Oracle
> Java 7. It took me 5 "mvn clean install" to get it pass, once there was
> a timeout, twice I had a test failure, once the build stuck see partial
> thread dump below.

Have you tried with Java 8 ?

Result, was: [VOTE] Apache DS 2.0.0-M21 release

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'm closing the vote which passed with 5 binding +1 and one non-binding
(so to speak ;-) +1 :

Felix,
Kiran,
Shawn,
Stefan
and me.

Kai wanted to express a non-binding +1, duly noted.

I'll publish the packages, update the site and announce the release.

Thanks !

Re: [VOTE] Apache DS 2.0.0-M21 release

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
I had hard time to build from the source zip, I'm on Linux with Oracle
Java 7. It took me 5 "mvn clean install" to get it pass, once there was
a timeout, twice I had a test failure, once the build stuck see partial
thread dump below.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Build attempt 1: timeout

Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 32.052
sec <<< FAILURE! - in
org.apache.directory.server.operations.bind.DelegatedAuthIT
testMultipleAuthenticators(org.apache.directory.server.operations.bind.DelegatedAuthIT)
 Time elapsed: 30.026 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapException: The
response queue has been emptied, no response was found.
	at
org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.LdapNetworkConnection.bind(LdapNetworkConnection.java:1211)
	at
org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.AbstractLdapConnection.bind(AbstractLdapConnection.java:127)
	at
org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.AbstractLdapConnection.bind(AbstractLdapConnection.java:112)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.operations.bind.DelegatedAuthIT.testMultipleAuthenticators(DelegatedAuthIT.java:206)

Build attempt 2: test failure

Tests run: 4, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 7.674
sec <<< FAILURE! - in
org.apache.directory.server.replication.ClientInitialRefreshIT
testInitialRefreshStopAndGo(org.apache.directory.server.replication.ClientInitialRefreshIT)
 Time elapsed: 5.854 sec  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: null
	at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:86)
	at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
	at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:52)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.replication.ClientInitialRefreshIT.testInitialRefreshStopAndGo(ClientInitialRefreshIT.java:439)

Build attempt 3: test failure

Tests run: 21, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.743
sec <<< FAILURE! - in
org.apache.directory.shared.client.api.operations.bind.SimpleBindRequestTest
testUnbindDuringSearch(org.apache.directory.shared.client.api.operations.bind.SimpleBindRequestTest)
 Time elapsed: 0.013 sec  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: null
	at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:86)
	at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
	at org.junit.Assert.assertFalse(Assert.java:64)
	at org.junit.Assert.assertFalse(Assert.java:74)
	at
org.apache.directory.shared.client.api.operations.bind.SimpleBindRequestTest.testUnbindDuringSearch(SimpleBindRequestTest.java:646)

Build attempt 4: build got stuck

"main" prio=10 tid=0x00007f195c008800 nid=0x1038 in Object.wait()
[0x00007f19656f6000]
   java.lang.Thread.State: TIMED_WAITING (on object monitor)
	at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
	at
org.apache.mina.core.future.DefaultIoFuture.await0(DefaultIoFuture.java:209)
	- locked <0x00000000f58a5ba8> (a
org.apache.mina.core.future.DefaultWriteFuture)
	at
org.apache.mina.core.future.DefaultIoFuture.awaitUninterruptibly(DefaultIoFuture.java:165)
	at
org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.LdapNetworkConnection.unBind(LdapNetworkConnection.java:1825)
	at
org.apache.directory.shared.client.api.operations.ClientAddRequestTest.testAddSystemOperationalAttributes(ClientAddRequestTest.java:262)

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
> On Dec 18, 2015, at 9:04 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> now that the vote for a new Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M33 is out, it's also time for a new release of ApacheDS 2.0.0-M21.
>
> Another bug fix release, nothing really important in it, but we need it for Studio.

+1

- Downloaded bin, installed
- Ran Fortress Core regression tests
- Java 7 & 8