Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by legolas <le...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/12 20:51:04 UTC

general questions about geronimo application server capabilities?

Hi
thank you for reading my post.
I have some general question about Geronimo application server
configuration:

-Does it support clustering and load balancing?
-Does it provide support for CertDB for digital certification manipulation?

Thanks.

Re: general questions about geronimo application server capabilities?

Posted by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au>.
On 14/07/2007, at 1:27 AM, legolas wrote:

> Thank you for your replys.
> where i should look to find information about production ready
> clustering?
> Also, does Apache Geronimo provide some kind of administration
> instance that
> can control resources on other instances ( for example deploying a
> war file
> to several nodes at the same time....)
Hello,

Deployment to several nodes is not yet supported and I believe It
will be supported as part of the next release - not the 2.0 one, the
one just after.

Also, could you please give us a list of high-level functionalities
you would like to see from a cluster administration perspective?

With respect to the production readiness of web clustering over WADI,
I believe it is stable. Multiple failure scenarios have been
successfully tested and as long as there was no hole in the testing
matrix, WADI caters nicely with failures.

Thanks,
Gianny

Posted by Orion Letizi <or...@terracotta.org>.
Here are instructions on how to use it:

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/clustering-geronimo-with-open-terracotta.html

Also, as we speak, a Terracotta plugin for Geronimo is being developed.  You
can use it now, but when the plugin is done, it should be trivial to set up
and use.

Cheers,
Orion

Posted by Orion Letizi <or...@terracotta.org>.