Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr> on 2021/09/09 07:43:55 UTC

Re: Groovy integration tests

I endorse the words,

I currently implement some new test for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-6988, and after 3 hours to
build ofbiz, it's really boring without clear most valuable.

If for technical best practice it's better to keep test compile, it's
possible when you test write is terminate to move the groovy-test-suite
to junit-test-suite, so no reason to remove the possibility to write
test as script.

Nicolas

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Gil, Nicolas,

I agree it was a good thing to do. We just missed some information and documentation.
I have added some at OFBIZ-12320

I have also replaced all groovy-test-suite by junit-test-suite in OOTB code.

I still wonder why Eclipse proposes but does not accept groovy-test-suite as a right token and shows this message:

    <<Element name 'groovy-test-suite' is invalid.
    One of the following is expected:

      * TestCaseTypes

    Error indicated by:
    {the schema}
    with code:>>

when in https://ofbiz.apache.org/dtds/test-suite.xsd <https://ofbiz.apache.org/dtds/test-suite.xsd> there is no important
differences between junit-test-suite and groovy-test-suite definitions

Actually it's not too bad for committers. It makes you wonder and read the documentation. So learn that groovy-test-suite should better not used in
production.

TIA

Jacques