Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Johan Vogelzang <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/13 17:05:25 UTC

Site deploy problem

Hi Maven users,

I've a problem with deploying a site to an url containing property
variables.
The site url -as part of the distributionManagement section- is located in
the company parent pom:

<properties>
     <reposerver.host.name>myrepohost</reposerver.host.name>
</properties>
<distributionManagement>
<site>
<id>site-repo</id>
<url>scp://${reposerver.host.name}/var/www/html/maven2/sites</url>
</site>
</distributionManagement>

When I execute "mvn help:effective-pom" I see that the url is correctly
resolved to: scp://myrepohost/var/www/html/maven2/sites
But when I execute "mvn site-deploy" the build fails with an
UnknownHostException. In the logging I see that the url is not resolved:

[INFO] [site:deploy {execution: default-deploy}]
scp://${reposerver.host.name}/var/www/html/maven2/sites - Session:
Connection refused
scp://${reposerver.host.name}/var/www/html/maven2/sites - Session:
Disconnecting
scp://${reposerver.host.name}/var/www/html/maven2/sites - Session:
Disconnected
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error uploading site

Embedded error: Cannot connect. Reason: java.net.UnknownHostException: ${
reposerver.host.name}

Thanks in advance,
--
Johan Vogelzang

Re: Site deploy problem

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-585 ?

Regards,

Hervé

Re: Site deploy problem

Posted by Johan Vogelzang <jo...@gmail.com>.

--
Johan Vogelzang

Re: Re: Site deploy problem

Posted by Johan Vogelzang <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thorsten,

We use username/password authentication, and my settings.xml is set up as
you described.
But I don't think this is a authentication issue. As you can see the
hostname is not resolved properly so there is no server connection to do the
authentication.

Regards,
Johan.

--
Johan Vogelzang

Antwort: Re: Site deploy problem

Posted by Thorsten Heit <th...@vkb.de>.
Hi,

Re: Site deploy problem

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
site-plugin-2.3 has some problems with property resolution, see eg
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-585. I'm not sure if this is the
same issue as yours, could you try with 2.4-SNAPSHOT?

HTH,
-Lukas

Re: Site deploy problem

Posted by Johan Vogelzang <jo...@gmail.com>.