Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Alessandro Caviglione <c....@gmail.com> on 2017/01/18 11:24:43 UTC

Host allocation

Hi guys,
just a question about host allocation.
My infrastructure is based on CS 4.5 and XS 6.5, host allocation is
"random" but I see that CS allocate hosts to completely fill the RAM.
I've some hosts with 148 GB RAM usable and 148 GB used, completely filled.
This obviously means that XS will swap to HD and instances performance is
reduced...
How can I tell to CS to allocate the hosts up to 90% its RAM?

Thank you!

Re: Host allocation

Posted by Alessandro Caviglione <c....@gmail.com>.
Yes but here I configure the cluster, not the host...
It should be a "memory.allocated.capacity.disablethreshold" setting for
every single host.... because
cluster.memory.allocated.capacity.disablethreshold
will disable the cluster allocation at 90% of the entire cluster, but I
could have some hosts filled (100%) and one at half (50%)...

Am I right?

Re: Host allocation