Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Zeltner Martin <ma...@elca.ch> on 2005/07/04 16:26:18 UTC

How to use type handler callbacks inside quiries?

Hi,

How does I have to declare type handler callbacks inside #myData#?
I can not use a parameter maps, because my statement contains dynamic parts.

Thanks,
Martin

Re: How to use type handler callbacks inside quiries?

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
True Daniel,

It's possible. But I do sympathize with Marting, as it currently is a pain
in the butt.

The biggest issue is that you have to ensure that the parameters line up
exactly. That is, you need to ensure that all paths of the conditional
results result in the exact same number and type of parameters.....

The design of parameter maps is shotty at the moment (embarassing for a 3
year old project).....iBATIS 3.0 (or perhaps even 2.5) will use named
parameters, much like Spring, O/R Broker and .... even ADO .NET (see, there
is something to learn from the C# dudes! ;-)

Clinton

Posted by Daniel Henrique Ferreira e Silva <dh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,