Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Dominik Riemer <ri...@fzi.de> on 2019/11/13 22:23:28 UTC

Transition of StreamPipes to Apache

Hi,

so after most of the infrastructure already seems to be in place, I guess it's our task to move the existing codebase to Apache...just want all of you to know what we're currently working on:

* The documents required to move the codebase (CCLA and software grant) are currently in the process of signing at FZI and should be ready within one week.
* In the meanwhile, we plan to do one last pre-Apache release during the weekend or early next week so that there is no pressure in preparing everything later for the first Apache release - I know that Chris is waiting for some features to be released ;-)
* Afterwards, we'll merge the existing repos to the new repo structure as described in the proposal
* Then, we'll add someone from infra as an admin to our current github organization, so that the repos can be moved to Apache without losing forks & stars
* And then we plan to change the website and publish a first version to streampipes.incubator.apache.org

One more comment: Philipp, Patrick, Johannes and I are really glad to have so many Apache-experienced mentors on board - so if you have any feedback, comments or in case you think there's something wrong or could be done better regarding this process, community work or anything else, let us know :-)

Dominik

Re: Transition of StreamPipes to Apache

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Dominik,

sounds like a reasonable plan.

However note that we should not push the merged repos until all paperwork is done.

Perhaps also moving (or announcing to move) your slack to the apache slack would be a good thing to do.
That's a paid instance and all messages are archived and searchable.

Chris