Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/17 15:10:15 UTC

Can we specify another directory for the application properties file - apache felix karaf ?

Hi,

Under Apache Felix Karaf, it is possible to place properties file that we
use to configure log, maven repo or datasource of a project/application
under the directory {karaf.home}/etc

Can we specify another directory for the application properties file under
Apache felix karaf ? That means that we keep /etc for the system properties
files and /application by example will be used for client project ?

Kind regards,

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect
Apache Camel Committer

*****************************
blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedlin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard

Apache Camel Group :
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2447439&trk=anet_ug_hm

Re: Can we specify another directory for the application properties file - apache felix karaf ?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you could do that.  First, if you copy your config files in the
deploy folder, it should work too.
Another way would be to tell fileinstall to monitor another directory.
Simple create a file similar to
etc/org.apache.felix.fileinstall-deploy.cfg and change the folder
configured in it.

For example, create a file named
etc/org.apache.felix.fileinstall-application.cfg
and put the following inside:

felix.fileinstall.dir    = ${karaf.base}/application
felix.fileinstall.filter = .*\\.cfg
felix.fileinstall.poll   = 1000

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Can we specify another directory for the application properties file - apache felix karaf ?

Posted by "Clifford H. James" <cj...@proteuseng.com>.
The easiest way I've seen to do this is to use a "managed service
factory" config file in /etc/ pointing to the other instance of
fileinstall.  Like this.

in file (/etc/org.apache.felix.fileinstall-application.cfg )
felix.fileinstall.dir     = /application
felix.fileinstall.poll    = 1000
felix.fileinstall.filter  = .*\\.cfg

now if you put *.cfg files in /application they should be read properly.

~Cliff