Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by S Arvind <ar...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/18 13:25:30 UTC

maxwait in dbconnetion is not workiing for first time.

This time i have problem in maxwait. To test the maxwait i tried to
establish the connection and close.
My dbserver is located outside my system, so for dbconnection network is
required as per our Production server model.

So first i established the connection first from the jsp page, it gets done.
After that i plugged-out my network cable and tried to make connection by
that same jsp file, but i didnt get exception , it keep on running. but if i
refreshed the page again after few mins the exception is coming. but why not
in first request itself.  I need it in first request itself for my failover
model. my maxwait is 1000ms

 <Resource auth="Container" description="Database DSN" name="jdbc/dbname"
scope="Shareable" type="javax.sql.DataSource" url="jdbc:postgresql://
1.1.1.180/dbname" driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver" username="xxxx"
password="yyyyy" maxActive="10" maxIdle="1" minIdle="0"
removeAbandoned="true" removeAbandonedTimeout="60" logAbandoned="true"
maxWait="1000" />

Is it bug or my mistake ?

-Arvind S

*
"Many of lifes failure are people who did not realize how close they were to
success when they gave up."
-Thomas Edison*

Re: maxwait in dbconnetion is not workiing for first time.

Posted by S Arvind <ar...@gmail.com>.
MArtin,
you are correct i think, even after destroying/closing the connection. it is
still in ESTABLISHED status. We are using DBCP pool... the resource in
context is
          <Resource auth="Container" description="Hcare Database DSN"
name="jdbc/merge_emr_billing" scope="Shareable" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
url="jdbc:postgresql://1.1.1.180/asasas"
driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver" username="asasas" password="shshsh"
maxActive="10" maxIdle="1" minIdle="0" removeAbandoned="true"
removeAbandonedTimeout="60" logAbandoned="true" maxWait="6000"
minEvictableIdleTimeMillis="60000" timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis="600000"
numTestsPerEvictionRun="300" />

The page is very simple, it will get the connection string, with help of it
, it will make connection, run a simple query and destroy the connection in
finally block.. all lays in a jsp file..

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by S Arvind <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by S Arvind <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
means your session to TC is still live
suggest attenuate connectionTimeout in connector config in server.xml

in code you can always session.invalidate()
http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.2/javadoc/javax/servlet/http/HttpSession.html#invalidate()

Martin Gainty
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work - edison

> From: arvindwill@gmail.com
> Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 16:55:30 +0530
> Subject: maxwait in dbconnetion is not workiing for first time.
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
>
> This time i have problem in maxwait. To test the maxwait i tried to
> establish the connection and close.
> My dbserver is located outside my system, so for dbconnection network is
> required as per our Production server model.
>
> So first i established the connection first from the jsp page, it gets done.
> After that i plugged-out my network cable and tried to make connection by
> that same jsp file, but i didnt get exception , it keep on running. but if i
> refreshed the page again after few mins the exception is coming. but why not
> in first request itself.  I need it in first request itself for my failover
> model. my maxwait is 1000ms
>
>  <Resource auth="Container" description="Database DSN" name="jdbc/dbname"
> scope="Shareable" type="javax.sql.DataSource" url="jdbc:postgresql://
> 1.1.1.180/dbname" driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver" username="xxxx"
> password="yyyyy" maxActive="10" maxIdle="1" minIdle="0"
> removeAbandoned="true" removeAbandonedTimeout="60" logAbandoned="true"
> maxWait="1000" />
>
> Is it bug or my mistake ?
>
> -Arvind S
>

> *
> "Many of lifes failure are people who did not realize how close they were to
> success when they gave up."
> -Thomas Edison*

Hotmail® goes with you.