Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Kirk <to...@web-startup.co.uk> on 2004/09/30 18:32:09 UTC

versions 2.3 and 2.4 of web.xml

Only just noticed this, looks like a possible bug, but maybe there's a
reason behind it?

Basically, the default web.xml files included within the standard webapps of
5.0.27 and 5.0.28 seem to be a mix of webapp v2.3 and v2.4 - anyone know if
there is a reason for this, or is this a bug?

RE: versions 2.3 and 2.4 of web.xml

Posted by Steve Kirk <to...@web-startup.co.uk>.
Yoav, I see your point in your previousu post on this thread re 2.3 DTD
still being valid. However what do you think regarding the possible bug
mentioned in my later post below?  (i.e. that a 2.4 feature used in a 2.3
file does not cause an exception, but instead is silently ignored).  The
validation that tomcat does on web.xml is usually very thorough, so this
case seems to be a bit of an anomaly.

Posted by Steve Kirk <to...@web-startup.co.uk>.