Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/22 14:23:39 UTC

ApacheDS and OpenHub

Hi all,

I have recently updated our ApacheDS page on OpenHub (fka OHLOH), as it
didn't reflect our current situation as much as possible (the last analysis
was done 4 years ago prior to the changes and had a lot more code locations
than needed).

The page today shows that analysis is working again (done 4 days ago). See
the results at: https://www.openhub.net/p/apacheds

If you want to see how we're doing against OpenLDAP and 389 Directory
Server, have a look at:
https://www.openhub.net/p/compare?project_0=Apache+Directory+Server&project_1=389+Directory+Server&project_2=OpenLDAP

Keep up the good work! And thanks. :)

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: ApacheDS and OpenHub

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Done,

Added to https://www.openhub.net/p/ApacheDirectoryLdapApi
Added to https://www.openhub.net/p/apacheds

Now we have to wait until the projects have been scanned and the OpenHub
pages are updated.

Re: ApacheDS and OpenHub

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Thanks a lot, Pierre !

Le jeudi 26 mars 2015, Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> To promote the adoption of the works of our (sub) projects I have created:
>

>    - https://www.openhub.net/p/ApacheDirectoryLdapApi
>    - https://www.openhub.net/p/ApacheDSMavibot
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pierre Smits
>
> *ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
> Services & Solutions for Cloud-
> Based Manufacturing, Professional
> Services and Retail & Trade
> http://www.orrtiz.com
>
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','kayyagari@apache.org');>> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 10:20 PM, Pierre Smits <pierre.smits@gmail.com
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','pierre.smits@gmail.com');>> wrote:
>>
>>> Ok.
>>>
>>> If you can give me a link to the LDAP API repository (I have a hard time
>>> finding it).
>>>
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/trunk
>>
>>> What I will do is:
>>>

>>>    - Create a registration for Apache Directory LDAP API
>>>    - Create a registration for Apache Mavibot (
>>>    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/mavibot/trunk)
>>>
>>>    - Associate the registration regarding Apache Directory LDAP API
>>>    with Apache Directory Server.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Pierre Smits
>>>
>>> *ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
>>> Services & Solutions for Cloud-
>>> Based Manufacturing, Professional
>>> Services and Retail & Trade
>>> http://www.orrtiz.com

>> --
>> Kiran Ayyagari
>> http://keydap.com

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: ApacheDS and OpenHub

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Emmanuel,

Hereby an overview of OpenHub statuses per project:

   - Apache Directory Server, analysis 1 day ago on code of 3 days ago
   - Apache Directory Studio, analysis 2 months ago on code of 2 months ago
   - Apache Directory LDAP API, analysis 1 day ago on code of 3 days ago
   - Apache Directory Mavibot, analysis 2 hours ago on code of 2 hours ago
   - Apache Fortress, analysis 1 month ago on code of 1 month ago

We don't have control over what OpenHub does. The only reason I can think
of is that except for the others,
Apache Fortress has 4 code locations, but they seem to be wrong. When I
paste e.g.
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=directory-fortress-commander.git%20master.git
in a browser, I get a 404.

Best regards,

Re: ApacheDS and OpenHub

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Hi Pierre,

I'm a bit surprised, there is no activity registred since january...

Le jeudi 26 mars 2015, Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> HI all,
>
> The OpenHub reference regarding Apache Directory Studio has now changed
> from https://www.openhub.net/p/elbe to
> https://www.openhub.net/p/ApacheDirectoryStudio
>
> Easy-peasy!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pierre Smits
>
> *ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
> Services & Solutions for Cloud-
> Based Manufacturing, Professional
> Services and Retail & Trade
> http://www.orrtiz.com
>
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 9:59 PM, Pierre Smits <pierre.smits@gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','pierre.smits@gmail.com');>> wrote:
>
>> Hi Stefan,
>>
>> I will see what I can do with current OpenHub project. If not possible,
>> then I will create a new project 'ApacheDirectoryStudio', rebuild with
>> details from ELBE and have the old one flushed as a duplicate.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Pierre Smits
>>
>> *ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
>> Services & Solutions for Cloud-
>> Based Manufacturing, Professional
>> Services and Retail & Trade
>> http://www.orrtiz.com
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 9:17 PM, Stefan Seelmann <mail@stefan-seelmann.de
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','mail@stefan-seelmann.de');>> wrote:

>>> created:

>>> Thanks Pierre.
>>>
>>> Studio is also listed and you seem to be manager:
>>>
>>> - https://www.openhub.net/p/elbe
>>>
>>> The URL still contains the "historical" name ELBE (Eclipse Ldap Brower
>>> and Editor as I named it back in 2006). Is it possible to change the URL?
>>>
>>> Kind Regards,
>>> Stefan

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: ApacheDS and OpenHub

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
HI all,

Re: ApacheDS and OpenHub

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan,

Re: ApacheDS and OpenHub

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Re: ApacheDS and OpenHub

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Re: ApacheDS and OpenHub

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: ApacheDS and OpenHub

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Ok.

Re: ApacheDS and OpenHub

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: ApacheDS and OpenHub

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Re: ApacheDS and OpenHub

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Emannuel,

Re: ApacheDS and OpenHub

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: ApacheDS and OpenHub

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 22/03/15 14:23, Pierre Smits a écrit :
> Hi all,

Hi Pierre,

that's interesting. Although, the thing is that it only represent a part
of what is ApacheDS, as we moved around 50% of the code in the LDAP API.

In fact, to reflect activity and the real code base, here are the
projects that should be exposed as part of ApacheDS :
- apacheds
- shared (LDAP API)
- mavibot

Otherwise, it would be interesting to also have such info for :
- studio
- kerby

Thanks !