Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Abhijit Junnare <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2004/02/23 18:14:41 UTC

SM Service Mark symbol in output

I would like to print a SM i.e. service mark symbol in
my output PDF. Since FOP does not support suprtscript
is there any other way I could do it. I am using Times
and Helvetica fonts for rendering my PDF. I tried
using the entity reference &#8480; but it does not
work.
Any ideas on how to get it working?
Thanks in advance for help.
Abhi

RE: SM Service Mark symbol in output

Posted by Abhijit Junnare <ma...@yahoo.com>.
> 'vertical-align' does seem to be working for PDF
> output... (only for PDF)
>
> So, something like:
> <fo:inline vertical-align="super">SM</fo:inline>
> might just be enough...

This works perfect for my case. Thanks much

Posted by "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_...@pandora.be>.

Hi,

I think there's only two basic options:
- install and use a font that has a glyph for the character (although I
can't say immediately which one does)
- you can try 'vertical-align' --a thread earlier today indicated