Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/03 21:06:23 UTC

Portlet Bridge logo

Here are the possible Logo's that Adonis forwarded me for the bridge
project.  Anyone have any preferences?  I think I like the ones in
logo_3 better but not sure which one.

Thanks Adonis....

Scott

From: *Catalin Kormos* <catalin.kormos@db.com
<ma...@db.com>>
Date: Nov 20, 2007 12:11 PM
Subject: Fw: [BRIDGE] Upload website for portlet-bridge project
To: adonis.raduca@codebeat.ro <ma...@codebeat.ro>

Uite ce zice Martin mai jos....scrii atunci un scurt mail, ca te-a rugat
Martin sa faci un design la mai multe variante de logo-uri ptr MyFaces
Portlet Bridge, si ca astea is variantele, si atasezi astea doua:

La astea doua adrese:
Scott O'Bryan - darkarena@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>
Michael Freedman - michael.freedman@oracle.com
<ma...@oracle.com>

Cata

Catalin Kormos
External Consultant
 GTO COO - IT Risk Control 	Deutsche Bank AG
Phone:
	 +49 (0)69 910 62316 	  	Germany - 65760 Eschborn
Fax:
	 +49 (0)69 910 63104 	  	Alfred-Herrhausen-Allee 16-24

----- Weitergeleitet von Catalin Kormos/ext/dbcom am 20/11/2007 11:09 -----
*"Martin Marinschek" <martin.marinschek@gmail.com
<ma...@gmail.com>>*

20/11/2007 11:06

An
	Catalin Kormos/ext/dbcom@dbcom
Kopie

Thema
	Re: Re: Fwd: [BRIDGE] Upload website for portlet-bridge project

Scott O'Bryan darkarena@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>
michael.freedman@oracle.com <ma...@oracle.com>

regards,

Martin

adonis.raduca@codebeat.ro <ma...@codebeat.ro>.

<ma...@gmail.com>> wrote on 20/11/2007

<http://db.com> address, if it's

<ma...@gmail.com>>
<ma...@myfaces.apache.org>>

Re: Portlet Bridge logo

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi

3.3 or 3.4 but using MyFaces color palette once we got one.

Regards,

~ Simon

Re: Portlet Bridge logo

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
For the logo I'm not sure we need either.  Although the Bridge is a
MyFaces subproject, I would like to see the logo be able to stand alone
since it's likely to be the R.I.  That means that people will hopefully
be using this bridge with whatever JSF implementation may be in their
app server as well as with MyFaces.  Certainly the myfaces branding is
all over the website where people will go to download the bridge.  Is
that enough or should we look at possibly including some more MyFaces
branding?

I was looking at projects like Tobago and they don't have much in the
way of MyFaces branding except for on the web-site.  I personally like
that idea and it opens us up to being able to have some of those
"powered by" icons which different symbols on them if we ever wanted to
add it.

Not sure I much like the pink idea and I'm not sure that it would go
well with the MyFaces color scheme...  :)

Scott

RE: Portlet Bridge logo

Re: Portlet Bridge logo

Posted by Matt Cooper <ma...@gmail.com>.
Any of those look great to me.  I do have 2 comments and a question:

Comment A:
The text is not in the same font as that of the MyFaces logo.  I would
prefer to be consistent in font choice.

Comment B:
I find things that are in all capital letters to be more jarring to read
than either all lowercase or in title case.  Although since this is a logo
(small number of letters), this probably isn't a big deal.  I would also
prefer to be consistent in the case of the wording among the two projects.

Question A:
Do we need to provide some Apache naming with the brand, e.g. "Apache
MyFaces Portlet Bridge" or something along those lines?  I recall that we
cannot use the name "Trinidad" by itself.  Instead, we need to say "Apache
MyFaces Trinidad".

Thank you,
Matt

Re: Portlet Bridge logo

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I think I like #3 in logo_3

not sure if it should say

RE: Portlet Bridge logo

Posted by "Kito D. Mann" <km...@virtua.com>.
I vote for #4, but #3 is nice too :-).

Kito D. Mann - Author, JavaServer Faces in Action
http://www.virtua.com - JSF/Java EE consulting, training, and mentoring
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info
phone: +1 203-653-2989

Re: Portlet Bridge logo

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
Wow Adonis, that is totally cool!  Good work.  I think my favorite is
basically #5 (with the capitol M for MyFaces).  I like the longer
thinner logo in principal, but I think the angle of the thicker logos is
more appealing.

So 5 with a capitol m.  That's my vote...

Re: Portlet Bridge logo

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.

> I'm all for 5 as well..

me too!