Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Anil Kumar Ganipineni <ak...@adaequare.com> on 2019/12/12 04:08:50 UTC

Data is not syncing up when we add one more Node(DR) to existing 3 node cluster

Hi All,

We have 3 node cluster on datacentre DC1 and below is our key space declaration. The current data size on the cluster is ~10GB. When we add a new node on datacentre DC2, the new node is not syncing up with the data, but it is showing UN when I run the nodetool status.

CREATE KEYSPACE production WITH REPLICATION = { 'class' : 'org.apache.cassandra.locator.NetworkTopologyStrategy', 'DC1': '3', 'DC2': '1' } AND DURABLE_WRITES = true;

Please provide suggestions to make the new node on DC2 to sync up with existing cluster. This is required as the DC2 is our DR in a different region other than existing cluster.

Regards,
Anil Ganipineni

P Please consider environment before printing this page.

RE: Data is not syncing up when we add one more Node(DR) to existing 3 node cluster

Posted by Anil Kumar Ganipineni <ak...@adaequare.com>.
Hi John,

Yes!

Regards,
Anil Ganipineni
Adaequare GSP<http://www.adaequare.com/ugsp/>
GSP Support : 040 660 335 88
P Please consider environment before printing this page.

Posted by John Belliveau <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anil,

Posted by Anil Kumar Ganipineni <ak...@adaequare.com>.
Hi Raman,

Thanks for the response.

I will try and let you know the status. We have to do it on production environment, so might be it will take time to proceed.

Regards,
Anil Ganipineni

P Please consider environment before printing this page.

**CAUTION: This email is originated from outside the organization. Be cautious before opening the link or attachments. Please verify the email id and source of the sender.**
HI Anil,

Please follow the below link.

https://thelastpickle.com/blog/2019/02/26/data-center-switch.html

Did you ran the command nodetool rebuild old_dc_name to stream the old historical data to new data center.

Step 9 of the above article.

--
Raman Gugnani

Re: Data is not syncing up when we add one more Node(DR) to existing 3 node cluster

Posted by raman gugnani <ra...@gmail.com>.
HI Anil,