Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Minto van der Sluis <mi...@xup.nl> on 2013/03/28 14:02:50 UTC

Porting Gloze to Clerezza

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the warm welcome :-)

One of the things I need on my current assignment is mapping RDF to and
from Xml. I did some research and stumbled upon Gloze [1]. The original
author created a nice paper [2]. Also it appeared it got donated to Jena
back in 2006 [3]. Currently I am strongly thinking about porting Gloze
to Clerezza. I already asked the original author for his consent
(waiting for his reply).

If there is any interest, I am more than happy to donate the results of
porting Gloze.

However, in our line of work 2006 is an awful long time ago. So if you
know of anything similar / better please let me know. It might save me
an awful lot of work, in which case I owe you a beer  :-)

[1] https://code.google.com/p/gloze/
[2]
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.88.8929&rep=rep1&type=pdf
[3] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/Import/Jena-SVN/Gloze/

Regards,

misl

--
ir. ing. Minto van der Sluis
Software innovator / renovator

Mobiel: +31 (0) 626 014541

Re: Porting Gloze to Clerezza

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>.
Hi Minto

I think it would be fine to add the bundle to clerezza as I think it
might be useful for others as well. We should find a way to have the
platform modular so that one can easily add "optional" modules like
CRIS, UIMA.

Cheers,
Reto

Posted by Minto van der Sluis <mi...@xup.nl>.
Hi.

Posted by Danny Ayers <da...@gmail.com>.
On 28 March 2013 17:46, Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Minto,
>
> I have to admit that I'm not much into XML. I'm surpised that I don't find
> any reference to GRDDL in the paper. IIUC GRDDL is just one way why Gloze
> is bidirectional.

Most of the XML -> RDF converters I've seen use XSLT, see for example -
http://www.jenitennison.com/blog/node/142

(there are a load more XSLTs linked from
https://delicious.com/danja/search?p=xslt )

GRDDL typically uses XSLT (because it's the only concrete approach
defined in the spec) but there's a slight conceptual difference to
arbitrary XML in that a GRDDL-compatible doc contains a reference
(possibly very indirect) to the necessary transformation. So in a
sense the XML doc *is* an RDF doc.

I'm not familiar with Gloze, can't comment on the
bidirectionality/rendering capabilities there. XSLT on RDF/XML tends
to be very painful because of the number of different ways things can
be expressed.

Cheers,
Danny.

--