Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kibo <to...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/31 15:27:35 UTC

Re: namespace question

Yes. I started my project with Tomcat in Netbeans and I have not set context.
The url look like:
http://localhost:8080/index.action

When I set namespace : namespace="/manager" the url look like:
http://localhost:8080/manager/indet.action

and the server return me HTTP Status 404.

Then I set context for Tomcat in Netbeans and it work perfect. The url then
look like:
http://localhost:8080/project/manager/indet.action

goodbye

Laurie Harper wrote:

> Leonidas Papadakis wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> i've came across a very strange issue :
>>
>> i have developed an application locally on my pc (running only tomcat
>> 5.5.23) and then i deployed the application to an apache + tomcat under
>> a domain i.e. www.test.com
>>
>> I have set up a backoffice package at namespace "/backoffice". The
>> problem is that although i a can call an action when running the local
>> aplication at http://localhost:8080/app/backoffice/test.action, the same
>> under http://www.test.com/backoffice/test.action returns :
>>
>> HTTP Status 404 - /backoffice/test.action
>> type Status report
>> message /backoffice/test.action
>> description The requested resource (/backoffice/test.action) is not
>> available.
>> Apache Tomcat/5.5.23
>>
>> All the actions that are mapped to "/" are called fine ...
>>
>> I am really stack so i would appreciate your help ....
>>
>> Thank you very much
>>
>> Leonidas
>
> This sounds like a Tomcat configuration issue rather than a Struts
> issue. If you deploy the web app to the /app context, omitting the /app
> portion of the URL isn't going to work. To call the app with the URL you
> want, you'll need to deploy it to the ROOT context. You can achieve that
> with a deployment descriptor in the WAR file; check the Tomcat docs for
> details.
>
> L.

-----
Tomas Jurman