Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joe Williams <jo...@mindspring.com> on 2003/04/05 21:15:26 UTC

Newbie, clarification: Development environment question

>I'm not sure I understand what you want to achieve. To have two cocoons on
tomcat, you can simply put two war files with different names.

Yes. I did that, and it works fine when accessing either installation using
localhost:8080/cocoon or localhost:8080/cocoon-dev

However, when accessing localhost/cocoon you get the index page created by
Cocoon that shows you the directories and files in the Cocoon root
directory. I have read that this is the way to make sure your installation
doesn't have any problems that will bite you later.

When I access localhost/cocoon, I do indeed get the index page that lists
the files and directories within the Cocoon root directory.

But, when I access localhost/cocoon-dev (without the port number) I get the
404 error.

Does this indicate a problem, or no?

Joe