Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/28 04:50:06 UTC

Findbugs Annotations LGPL Replacement

Findbugs has an LGPL license which is fine if its just used as a build
tool[1], but it also has a set of Annotations[2] which are not permitted to
be used in ASF code.

There is a "clean room" implementation of the Findbugs annotations[3] under
the Apache License available - is there any reason why this couldn't be
used?

Thanks

Niall

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#prohibited
[2] http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/manual/annotations.html
[3] https://github.com/stephenc/findbugs-annotations

Re: Findbugs Annotations LGPL Replacement

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.
The Apache licensed version seems fine to use to me.