Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Nicholas Roth <ni...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/28 21:07:39 UTC

Jasmine and Cordova

Hi all,

I'm looking into a way to incorporate unit testing into our Cordova
applications. It was suggested to me to use Jasmine as a unit testing
framework and I've noticed that the cordova-js project also uses Jasmine
for unit testing. My question though is if anyone has used Jasmine to test
applications built on top of Cordova. I'd like to talk to anyone who has
experience with this about your approach, suggested/best practices or
resources you could point me to to learn more (or the correct mailing list
if I should take this question elsewhere).

Thanks in advanced.

-Nick Roth

Re: Jasmine and Cordova

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.
I use jasmine for most of the projects I am involved in:
- cordova.js
- modile spec
- ripple
- etc.

I set up most of these projects to use jasmine and can answer any questions
you have getting started.  They should probably be off list so just ask me
directly.

Re: Jasmine and Cordova

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
Yeah man, the cordova-mobile-spec [1] javascript test suite is built on
jasmine and runs inside a cordova app. It exercises our Javascript api.
Check it out.

[1]