Posted to users@directory.apache.org by "Barber, Dan (Contractor)" <Da...@Polycom.com> on 2007/06/14 21:28:19 UTC

Initial schemas for apacheds

Can someone point me to information on how to add schemas that will be
included with a default installation of ApacheDS? We will be using
ApacheDS always included H.350 information and I'd like to include
several H.350 schemas in any distribution of our ldap server. I have
found the information on how to load schemas, using a tool like LDAP
Studio, but haven't been able to find any information on modifying the
default schemas loaded by ApacheDS at startup.

Thanks,

Dan Barber

Re: Initial schemas for apacheds

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.
I think this property is supposed to set the main working dir for
partitions, so the example.com name is a bit misleading.  Looking at the
code, it also appears that it might not have the intended affect in some
cases  ;-)

I am re-writing this part to support multple configurations, so it will
change slightly in an upcoming release anyway and this won't even matter.

Thanks,
Chris

Posted by "Barber, Dan (Contractor)" <Da...@Polycom.com>.
Emmanuel,

I'd looked through server.xml and managed to completely miss that, thanks :) While we're on the subject of that section of server.xml, I have a question. What purpose does value="example.com" serve? The configuration settings in this section don't just apply to the value="dc=example,dc=com" partition, correct? Does that value reference anything in particular?

Thanks,

Dan

there is a place in server.xml where you can tell the server to load a
ldif file :

  <bean id="configuration"
class="org.apache.directory.server.configuration.MutableServerStartupConfiguration">
    <property name="workingDirectory" value="example.com" />

    <!-- Uncomment below to have the server load entries on startup!        -->
    <!-- ldifDirectory property can point to a relative file, directory or  -->
    <!-- can point to an absolute path to either using the URL path         -->
    <!-- notation: i.e. file:///Users/jack/apacheds/ldifs                   -->
    <!--
    <property name="ldifDirectory">
      <value>example.ldif</value>
    </property>
    -->

Just put the file path here, and uncomment the property, it should work.

The ldif file won't be loaded every time, only the first time. (I
_think_ the sserver check the time, not the name, to avoid loading the
file more than once).

Emmanuel

On 6/15/07, Barber, Dan (Contractor) <Da...@polycom.com> wrote:
> P-A M,
>
> Can you point me to information on how Apache DS loads LDIF files at
> first startup? I think that would work for us. And yes, I'm working with
> 1.5.
>
> Thanks all,
>
> Dan

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Initial schemas for apacheds

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

there is a place in server.xml where you can tell the server to load a
ldif file :

  <bean id="configuration"
class="org.apache.directory.server.configuration.MutableServerStartupConfiguration">
    <property name="workingDirectory" value="example.com" />

    <!-- Uncomment below to have the server load entries on startup!        -->
    <!-- ldifDirectory property can point to a relative file, directory or  -->
    <!-- can point to an absolute path to either using the URL path         -->
    <!-- notation: i.e. file:///Users/jack/apacheds/ldifs                   -->
    <!--
    <property name="ldifDirectory">
      <value>example.ldif</value>
    </property>
    -->

Just put the file path here, and uncomment the property, it should work.

The ldif file won't be loaded every time, only the first time. (I
_think_ the sserver check the time, not the name, to avoid loading the
file more than once).

Emmanuel

On 6/15/07, Barber, Dan (Contractor) <Da...@polycom.com> wrote:
> P-A M,
>
> Can you point me to information on how Apache DS loads LDIF files at
> first startup? I think that would work for us. And yes, I'm working with
> 1.5.
>
> Thanks all,
>
> Dan

Cordialement,