Posted to user@storm.apache.org by manish belsare <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/15 18:41:28 UTC

How to install storm successfully on Mac

Hi,
I am pretty much new to Apache storm. I am finished installing &
integrating Flume with Kafka and wanted to now connect Storm to Kafka for
real time data processing. Can any one provide me a concrete link to
install storm on Mac?

Manish

--
Manish

Re: How to install storm successfully on Mac

Posted by Jeremy Heiler <je...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 12:41 PM, manish belsare <
manishbelsare2003@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am pretty much new to Apache storm. I am finished installing &
> integrating Flume with Kafka and wanted to now connect Storm to Kafka for
> real time data processing. Can any one provide me a concrete link to
> install storm on Mac?

"Installing a Storm release locally is only for interacting with remote
clusters. For developing and testing topologies in local mode, it is
recommended that you use Maven to include Storm as a dev dependency for
your project. You can read more about using Maven for this purpose on Maven
<http://storm.apache.org/documentation/Maven.html>."

http://storm.apache.org/documentation/Setting-up-development-environment.html