Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Kristina Heredia <Kr...@trax.aero> on 2011/05/06 21:40:09 UTC

Line-height spacing difference between FOP 1.0 and FOP 0.20.5

Hello,

I have run into an issue where the line-height used when creating a pdf with FOP 1.0 is greater than that when using FOP 0.20.5, enough so that when you have a multi-page document the FOP 1.0 created document may continue to an extra page which is not acceptable.

I have attached the foo.fo file I was using, along with the pdf files that were created.  How can I make the spacing come out the same when using FOP 1.0?

Thank you,

Kristina H.

Re: Line-height spacing difference between FOP 1.0 and FOP 0.20.5

Posted by Pascal Sancho <pa...@takoma.fr>.
Hi Kristina,

unlike FOP 1.x, FOP 0.2x was buggy on this topic, so it cannot be used
as reference.
You can check this: write 10 lines with known line-height and measure
the result: you don' get a 10x value with FOP 0.2x.

This result is not predictible, so you cannot mimic exactly the v0.2x
behaviour.

BTW, you can try to play with 'elastic' spacing (*) in v1.0, that should
help in some cases.
(*) space-after.minimum, s-a.optimum, and s-a.maximum

--
Pascal