Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/12 06:02:48 UTC

Re: What Tokenizerfactory/TokenFilterFactory can/should I use so a search for "wal mart" matches "walmart"(quotes not included in search or index)?

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Christian Zambrano <cz...@gmail.com>wrote:

> There are a lot of company names that people are uncertain as to the
> correct spelling. A few of examples are:
> 1. best buy, bestbuy
> 2. walmart, wal mart, wal-mart
> 3. Holiday Inn, HolidayInn
>
> What Tokenizer Factory and/or TokenFilterFactory should I use so that
> somebody typing "wal mart"(quotes not included) will find "wal mart" and
> "walmart"(again, quotes not included)

Look at Intra word delimiter section in the SolrRelevancyCookbook.
WordDelimiterFactory can help here.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrRelevancyCookbook#head-353fcfa33e5c4a0a5959aa3d8d33c5a3a61f2683

If you need to provide spelling suggestions, see the SpellCheckComponent:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpellCheckComponent

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.