Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bret Martin <ba...@miranda.org> on 2005/10/18 19:55:01 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] 1.3.x release announcements?

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:39:05 EDT Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 10/18/05, Bret Martin <ba...@miranda.org> wrote:
> > Is there any particular reason that 1.3.x releases are not announced on
> > announce@httpd.apache.org?
>
> Nope.  Just people forgetting.

Since I'm not an Apache developer I am in the unfortunate position of
making a suggestion without really being able to implement it myself:
perhaps a "things to do when we release" list would help this sort of
thing?  Maybe there already is such a document.

> > Is there another list where 1.3.x releases are announced?
>
> Sometimes announce@apache.org.  But even that is occasionally
> forgotten.  I try to make sure that the announcement makes it to this
> list, but I sometimes forget too.

announce@ is too noisy for me, and I presume others, who only use a
small number of Apache software packages.  The fact that there are
separate lists acknowledges this.

Perhaps having announce@apache.org be a subscriber to package-specific
announce lists would keep that separate list from being a second item
to remember.  It does look like that list is meant to include all the
traffic from other announcement lists.

Thanks for your answer to my questions and for considering steps that
might help out in the future.  And thanks for the software -- I just
want to make sure I'm using the latest!

--Bret