Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Romain Gerard <ro...@erebe.eu> on 2018/01/10 15:06:04 UTC

[announce] Release of Cassandra Prometheus metrics exporter

Hello C*,

A little mail to announce that we released today our internal tool at
Criteo to monitor Cassandra nodes with Prometheus[1].
https://github.com/criteo/cassandra_exporter

The application is production ready as we use it internally to monitor
our > 100 Cassandra nodes.

I hope it can be useful to you too !
Feel free to send feedbacks/contributions/questions.

[1] https://prometheus.io/

Regards,
Romain Gérard

Re: [announce] Release of Cassandra Prometheus metrics exporter

Posted by Romain Gérard <ro...@erebe.eu>.
Hello Asad,

I am right now in Nepal until the 26th.
I will contact you back with a more detailed answer when I get back to
Paris.
But I will not be able to provide you dashboards as is, as we are using
(for historic reason) Graphite as the data source of our Grafana
dashboards. This graphite is feeded by the metrics coming from
Prometheus.
I will share with you what I can when I am back.

Regards,
Romain

Posted by "ZAIDI, ASAD A" <az...@att.com>.

Posted by Romain Gérard <ro...@erebe.eu>.
Hello,
Sorry for the delay of response, I am right now in Nepal for 2 weeks,
so my internet connectivity is not that much available.
@Lucas BenevidesYou can't try Criteo, or maybe you can if you want to
join my company :). I will suppose you meant Prometheus, in this case
you will need to setup a separate infrastructure than just the exporter
I announced.I encourage you to look at https://prometheus.io/docs/intro
duction/overview/ to understand the architecture of Prometheus.The
cassandra_exporter is only there to provide a valid prometheus endpoint
(an http server with /metrics) that your prometheus will scrap.So you
indeed need to run one exporter on each cassandra node you
have.Regarding you doubt toward Prometheus, we are using it to monitor
>2000 machines in our team and so far we are very happy with it.P.S:
Grafana now support prometheus as a data source

Regards,Romain

Posted by Lucas Benevides <lu...@maurobenevides.com.br>.
Hello Romain,

Posted by Romain Gerard <ro...@erebe.eu>.
Hello Alain,
Thanks for the praise, and be aware that your hardwork has been noticed
(at least by us) as we link in the readme toward your post http://thela
stpickle.com/blog/2017/12/05/datadog-tlp-dashboards.htmlThanks for
having spend time to write it, as I you said creating comprehensive
dashboard is a grinding works. We were happy to compare how other
people have been doing it.
Regarding the trademark of the logo you are right, I received a mail
telling me it is indeed an Infringement of Apache marks. I will replace
it for today by an unmodified version of Apache Cassandra and
prometheus logos.
Cheers :)

Posted by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hello Romain,