Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net> on 2005/05/25 18:45:16 UTC

Change "\" in xsl:param value to "/"

Along with JDK 1.4.2 and Ant 1.5.4, I'm trying to figure out how to have
a stylesheet modify an xsl:param value, replacing any "\" characters in
the value with "/" (or alternatively, replacing "\" with "\\").  The
parameter is provided through Ant, in an environment variable.  The
value will contain "\" for path separators, and the resulting computed
path has to be valid in the Ant script that the stylesheet generates.

I see that in the EXSLT library, there are "split" and "tokenize"
methods (which seem to do the same thing).  If I used "\\" as my
delimiter, could I do something with a template that somehow takes a
nodelist and puts "/" in between every node?  If that's the correct
strategy, I'm not sure how to get there.

I wish I had to work on stylesheets more than once a year.  This stuff
would be easier then :) .