Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Srinadh Karumuri <sk...@bbn.com> on 2002/08/30 15:39:10 UTC

Why should I move from Tomcat 3.x to Tomcat 4.x

I am a happy Apache 1.3 and Tomcat 3.x user for the past 1 1/2 yr.

Q1. Is this a major upgrade for my servlet/jsp code?

Q2. Can I continue using Apache 1.3 or do I need to upgrade that as well?

Q3. I was wondering if there is any link with need to upgrade, advantages
and disadvantages. I need this info. to get proper funding for the project.

Your help is really appreciated....

-Sri

Re: Why should I move from Tomcat 3.x to Tomcat 4.x

Posted by Jean-Francois Arcand <jf...@apache.org>.

Srinadh Karumuri wrote:

> I am a happy Apache 1.3 and Tomcat 3.x user for the past 1 1/2 yr.
>
> Q1. Is this a major upgrade for my servlet/jsp code?

Tomcat 4.0 supports Servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2 specs. Tomcat 3 don't. (see
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/index.html) for more info

> Q2. Can I continue using Apache 1.3 or do I need to upgrade that as well?

No, you don't need to upgrade.

> Q3. I was wondering if there is any link with need to upgrade,
> advantages and disadvantages. I need this info. to get proper funding
> for the project.

The only info available is under the link listed above.

-- Jeanfrancois