Posted to user@struts.apache.org by pu...@netsol.co.in on 2007/01/30 15:59:34 UTC

Struts 1.3.5 and URL Validation

Hi everyone,

I'm using Struts version 1.3.5 and I intend to use URL validation for a
field using the  validation.xml file. But, when I declare the field in
validation.xml, it does not validate the field to check whether the URL is a
valid one, meaning that it takes any input that I give in that textbox.
Here's the entry from my validation.xml file:

<field property="vendorURL" depends="url">
	<arg key="form.vendor.VendorURL" position="0"/>
</field>

Is there anything else that I need to do for URL validation besides
declaring in validation.xml?

Regards,
Pushkar.

Re: Struts 1.3.5 and URL Validation

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On 1/30/07, Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- pushkar.p@netsol.co.in wrote:
> > Is there anything else that I need to do for URL
> > validation besides declaring in validation.xml?
>
> You need to provide more information. ActionForm
> class, how you're mapping from action => validation
> (bean name or action name), does any *other*
> validation on the same page work, etc.

Also are you expecting the client side validation to work for this?
There is no client URL validation - only sever side.

Niall

P.S. The struts-examples webapp shipped with 1.3.5 has a "type"
validator form that includes a URL validated field.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.