Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Jasmine_Shaikh <ja...@infosys.com> on 2011/01/25 11:04:53 UTC

Special characters converted html values after transform.

Hi All,

I am using Xalan 1.2 to trasform my xml.
I have a string with special character in my xml. e.g €Crosstab After
transform the special character is replaced by its html value
&#8364;Crosstab. Same is happening for characters of other language say
hebrew.
Has anybody faced similar problem? Any suggestions would be of great help.

Thanks in advance,
Jasmine Shaikh

Re: Special characters converted html values after transform.

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
On 1/25/2011 2:04 AM, Jasmine_Shaikh wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am using Xalan 1.2 to trasform my xml.
That is an extremely old version of Xalan-C.

> I have a string with special character in my xml. e.g €Crosstab After
> transform the special character is replaced by its html value
> &#8364;Crosstab. Same is happening for characters of other language say
> hebrew.
This could be a bug in the processor, or an issue with the output
encoding you've selected. What does your stylesheet look like?

Dave