Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Denis Kranjcec <de...@zpm.fer.hr> on 2001/05/15 10:26:15 UTC

RE: Table breaking bug (2) & table-row borders bug

Thanks for answer Karen

Problem with table-break is gone :-)

There is still problem with borders in table-row.
Example is in attachment.

Denis Kranjcec

Posted by Karen Lease <kl...@club-internet.fr>.
Denis,

Borders on table-rows is one of those difficult things in the XSL CR. At
one point it says no borders are supposed to be rendered on table rows.
But then it talks about the "border-collapse" style and implies that in
that case, row borders are taken into account (presumably they combine
with cell borders in that case). In any case, the support we had for
table borders wasn't really correct. That's why it's been removed. So
it's not so much a bug as an incomplete implementation. The only thing
that is more or less according to specification currently is the
border-collapse=separate style in which cell borders are rendered inside
of each cell  and table borders are rendered outside the table.

And since we're currently trying to do some fundamental reworking of
FOP's layout architecture, there may not be any major changes to that
for a while.

Regards,
Karen