Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Grant Rettke <gr...@acm.org> on 2006/09/18 14:40:38 UTC

Subversion dependencies ZIP file?

I'm working on building the Subversion client on Windows using VS 6.0,
following directions in http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/INSTALL.

It mentions that you may download a "Subversion dependencies ZIP file".

Some of the libraries included in this: Neon, apr, zlib.

Could you tell me more about this file like:
1. Who created it?
2. How it was created (is it automated)?
3. Where it is located in the repository?

Re: Subversion dependencies ZIP file?

Posted by Lieven Govaerts <sv...@mobsol.be>.
Grant Rettke wrote:
> I'm working on building the Subversion client on Windows using VS 6.0,
> following directions in http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/INSTALL.
>
> It mentions that you may download a "Subversion dependencies ZIP file".
>
> Some of the libraries included in this: Neon, apr, zlib.
>
> Could you tell me more about this file like:
> 1. Who created it?
> 2. How it was created (is it automated)?
> 3. Where it is located in the repository?
The dependencies ZIP file is created by the release manager, so the guy
that also creates the source packages. It's basically a zip that
contains the latest supported versions of the libraries subversion
depends on. You only need this package to build Subversion from source,
they're not needed for the binary packages.

You can find them in the same folder as the source packages:
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=260&expandFolder=260&folderID=2728

regards,

Lieven.