Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by mc...@informed.net on 2000/04/24 16:49:11 UTC

Re: Web Hosting and Tomcat

> Does anyone know of any web hosting services
> that support Tomcat?

I'm not sure that you would want one (except for experimental purposes) and
I am not sure that there is enough commercial value (right now) to make
this attractive to Web Hosting sites.

Tomcat is a reference implementation and a moving target, at best. While we
run Tomcat in house for testing and development, for production
applications we use other servlet servers like JServ or Resin. Don't get me
wrong. I like Tomcat (especially Catalina) and would love to employ it in
production, but I don't think that anyone would argue that it is there,
yet.

Sean

Re: Web Hosting and Tomcat

Posted by Casey Uhrig <ca...@mthoodmedia.com>.
At http://www.mthoodmedia.com we support tomcat, but it is still in
testing!  On our main site you will see JServ mentioned, just ask for
tomcat to be setup on your account!

Casey

mclinden@informed.net wrote:

> > Does anyone know of any web hosting services
> > that support Tomcat?
>
> I'm not sure that you would want one (except for experimental purposes) and
> I am not sure that there is enough commercial value (right now) to make
> this attractive to Web Hosting sites.
>
> Tomcat is a reference implementation and a moving target, at best. While we
> run Tomcat in house for testing and development, for production
> applications we use other servlet servers like JServ or Resin. Don't get me
> wrong. I like Tomcat (especially Catalina) and would love to employ it in
> production, but I don't think that anyone would argue that it is there,
> yet.
>
> Sean

Casey Uhrig
Mt. Hood Media, Inc.
Web Site Design, Hosting, and E-Commerce Solutions
http://www.mthoodmedia.com
(503) 753-6718