Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ziggy <zi...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/09 14:11:07 UTC

setenv.sh in an individual tomcat catalina base

Hi guys,

At the moment i have several catalina bases configured with the following
directories,

conf logs server webapps work

The bin, lib and common directories are all still in $CATALINA_HOME.

I now need to add a setenv.sh file in the bin directory but i dont want it
to be used by all the catalina bases. I only want 2 out of the 4 catalina
bases to use the setenv.sh file.

To do this i am thinking of adding a bin directory on the catalina_base/bin
that i want to pick up the setenv.sh file. The bin directory will only
contain the setenv.sh file and nothing else. Everything else will still be
in $CATALINA_HOME/bin/ (ie. startup.sh catalina.sh shutdown.sh etc). This
means that some catalina bases will have /bin directories and some wont.

Are there any side effects to doing this? Can tomcat use both
$CATALINA_BASE/bin/ and $CATALINA_HOME/bin during startup?

Re: setenv.sh in an individual tomcat catalina base

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Hi Ziggy.
Sorry then. I was too lazy to go back to check, and I must have confused your post with
another one.

Posted by Ziggy <zi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andre,

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Hi.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: setenv.sh in an individual tomcat catalina base

Posted by Ziggy <zi...@gmail.com>.
I am using Tomcat v5.5

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.