Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by tpounds <tr...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/02 07:07:13 UTC

Re: Scheduling 3.2 release

I posted a development enhancement in the ActiveMQ forums as it directly
relates to the next release and indirectly relates to ServiceMix at some
point.  The link is provided below.

http://www.nabble.com/Proposed-Additional-BrokerViewMBean-Methods-tf4545757s2354.html

One question is what does the time frame look like for syncing ServiceMix
with ActiveMQ releases? Seems like it can be done fairly quickly with new
releases of ActiveMQ as it is just a maven build change.

Also does the above feature make sense for providing dynamic network
connectors (i.e. for remote managed ServiceMix clustering and JMS
distributed queues/topics).  I know for a fact that the feature would be
useful in many enterprise environments where a central server manages many
ActiveMQ/ServiceMix brokers through JMX instead of some other custom
protocol and in hub/spoke architectures. I'm still in the process of
developing a patch for the above mentioned link...hopefully I can get that
out tomorrow at some point as part of a jira enhancement task.  There hasn't
been any comments on the issue as of yet...but hopefully soon once I get the
patch online.

Thanks,
Trevor