Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2002/04/25 04:14:39 UTC

Using c:import to include the contents of a file

I want to do the following:

<c:import url="file://d:\repository\assets\doc.html"/>

However, I get an UnknownHostException - is it possible to do this with
JSTL?  My only solution (so far) is to use an iframe and do:

<iframe src="file://d:\repository\assets\doc.html"></iframe>

It's the only way I've found to read a file from the filesystem when
it's outside Tomcat's webapps directory.

Thanks,

Matt

RE: Using c:import to include the contents of a file

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
Great - thanks again!

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@tumbleweed.com>.

Posted by Hans Bergsten <ha...@gefionsoftware.com>.
Matt Raible wrote:
> I want to do the following:
>
> <c:import url="file://d:\repository\assets\doc.html"/>
>
> However, I get an UnknownHostException - is it possible to do this with
> JSTL?  My only solution (so far) is to use an iframe and do:
>
> <iframe src="file://d:\repository\assets\doc.html"></iframe>
>
> It's the only way I've found to read a file from the filesystem when
> it's outside Tomcat's webapps directory.

I'm pretty sure that the backslashes are interpreted as the Java escape
character. Try with forward slashes instead.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com
JavaServer Pages	http://TheJSPBook.com