Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Robert Herold <he...@cotagesoft.com> on 2002/06/28 21:32:59 UTC

Bug in compatibility w/Log4j 1.2.4 ?

I just upgraded to log4j version 1.2.4, and now the constuctor for my
XXXServiceLocator causes the following error message to be emitted on the
console:

log4j:ERROR A "org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender" object is not assignable to
a "org.apache.log4j.Appender" variable.
log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "CONSOLE".

Looking at the Beta2 souorces, it looks like the message probably comes from
the construction of the org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient object, or
somewhere deeper (that was the first Log instance I saw).

Is this a problem with my log4j configuration, or a problem with the
org.apache.commons.logging abstraction layer?

-- bob