Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Vjeran Marcinko <vj...@tis.hr> on 2004/04/08 21:34:04 UTC

About complex components

Hi folks.

Wanted to ask following :
- contrib:Tree component isn't yet released? Where can I find at least some
nightly build/source?
- can one change appearance of library components ? I change my custom
components by changing their .html files, but I cannot do that with library
components, right ?
- is there some idea how to build image-graph component, or at least some
free library for generating graph images on the fly ?

Thanx in advance,
Vjeran

Re: About complex components

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
It works great. We've used it for StaleLink, StaleSession, and Border. You
can do this with the .page file as well!

Jamie
Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
To add to this...

Posted by Robert Zeigler <rd...@u.arizona.edu>.
Vjeran Marcinko wrote:

>Hi folks.
>
>Wanted to ask following :
>- contrib:Tree component isn't yet released? Where can I find at least some
>nightly build/source?

?? The tree component is released, both in the binary and the source
downloads.

> - can one change appearance of library components ? I change my custom
> components by changing their .html files, but I cannot do that with library
> components, right ?

Most components have ways to customize their appearance. Many of the
support informal parameters, so
you can always pass in a "class" parameter and specify a css class to
use for the appearance.
Generally, your best bet is to look at the component reference for the
component you want to customize.

>- is there some idea how to build image-graph component, or at least some
>free library for generating graph images on the fly ?

Try looking at the workbench application, which uses jcharts
(http://jcharts.sourceforge.net) to generate charts/graphs.

Robert