Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Bharath Gowda <bg...@mifos.org> on 2020/05/25 07:36:24 UTC

Re: [Mifos-users] Managing previously created savings accounts settings

Hi Joseph,

Hope you are doing all good

I would like to clarify the current behavior of savings accounts in
Fineract 1.x. Savings accounts have several table columns similar to those
of the savings product instance. This is done so that the individual
savings accounts previously created are not affected by any changes to the
savings product settings. This is the current behavior of the system right?

That is Right, changes made at the product level will not have any impact
on already created savings accounts.

Now what if I want to change a setting of a savings product (i.e. change
the compounding period, the interest rate, the interest calculation basis
etc.) is there currently a way that I can do this and have it affect all
related savings accounts? Or do I need to update the settings of all the
savings accounts individually?

Currently, there is no option to change those parameters to the
existing saving accounts. any changes you make at the product level will
have an impact only on newly created accounts.
you can try changing the parameters (i.e. change the compounding period,
the interest rate, the interest calculation basis etc.) at the Account
level, However, we recommend you test the scenarios on couple of accounts
first to see if it meets your requirement before doing it for all loans.

Regards,
Bharath
Lead Implementation Analyst | Mifos Initiative
Skype: live:cbharath4| Mobile: +91.7019636073
http://mifos.org  <http://facebook.com/mifos>
<http://www.twitter.com/mifos>

Re: [Mifos-developer] [Mifos-users] Managing previously created savings accounts settings

Posted by Joseph Cabral <jo...@gmail.com>.
HI Barath and Abiy,

Thank you for your feedback and hope you are doing good as well. Ok so it
seems that if we want to change the settings of the individual savings
accounts we have to do it for each one. I think we need to create a batch
job that will run end of day that will be responsible for updating the
savings accounts settings.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Joseph