Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Edward L. Knoll" <ed...@cosd.fedex.com> on 2004/08/26 19:57:01 UTC

Xalan=J: Can/how do you make a DOMSource object from a DOMResults object?

I have a stylesheet which takes a generated XML file and produces an
HTML file.   It works as expected when I process it directly with
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.  Now I'm chaining XSL transformation
which creates the generated XML to the transformation which generates
the HTML inside Java.   Both transformations are setup to take a
DOMSource and generate a DOMResult.  I'd like to take the DOMResult from
the first transformation and change it to a DOMSource for the second
transformation.    Logically I'm doing the following:

DOMResult pass1Result = new DOMResult();
DOMSource pass2Source = new DOMSource( pass1Result.getNode() );

This doesn't seem to be working; I'm getting an error returned from the
Transformer when it tries process pass2Source.

Can I even do this?  If so, how (if I'm not doing it correctly)?

Thanks,
Ed

--
Edward L. Knoll   Phone (FedEx)     : (719)484-2717
                  e-mail (FedEx)    : edward.knoll@fedex.com