Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Marica Antonacci <ma...@ba.infn.it> on 2015/11/18 13:43:14 UTC

external storage with dvdi module

Dear all,

I would like to ask a question about external storage support [1] in mesos: I'm testing dvdi module + rexray (configured to use openstack cinder) with mesos 0.25.0
I successfully managed to launch an application through marathon specifying a volume to be used by the task: the volume has been created in Cinder, attached and mounted on the mesos agent node
Then I focussed on failure scenarios and in particular on what happens when the slave agent on the node hosting the application (and where the volume is mounted) fails.
In order to create the failure  I stopped the mesos agent: my application was correctly scheduled on another slave node, but then the app failed to get the volume since it was attached to the previous slave node.

I would like to know if someone has already tested and analyzed this scenario and what is the expected behavior..

Thank you very much in advance.
Marica

[1] https://mesosphere.com/blog/2015/10/08/with-help-from-emc-were-bringing-enterprise-storage-to-mesos/

Marica ANTONACCI
INFN - National Institute of Nuclear Physics
Via Orabona 4
70126 Bari - ITALY
Phone +39 080 5443244
Email marica.antonacci@ba.infn.it